Question : Problem: Specifying a license server for Citrix  in Win2003

We have implemented Citrix XPa on Win2003.
We have a TS licensing server on our network
When I start up TS license manager, it says that there are no license serves available on the network.
If I go File->Connect, I can connect to the licenses server and in the history I can see that the server has issued licenses to machines on our network.
If I exit TS license manager and start it again, it again says that there are no license serves available on the network.

Can anyone tell me:
1: Are we using this license server?
2: Why cant license manager automatically find it on the network.
3: What can we do yo resolve the problem.

Thankss

john

Answer : Problem: Specifying a license server for Citrix  in Win2003

If they can't talk to a licensing server period you will get corresponding errors in your event viewer.  The 90 day temp. licenses are given by a licensing server so if you connect a new client you should be able to look at licensing and see the new temp. license.  
Do you have SP1 on your servers?  If so then you can use the GUI version instead of the registry; this lets you actually test connectivity to the server you specify.  
Another FYI, I think all clients get a temp. even when TCALs are there to issue...they aren't issued a real one until the temp. expires.  
Make sure you are testing with non-administrative accounts as admins, by design, can connect w/o a TCAL (2 concurrent sessions).  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us