Question : Problem: ACER OPEN

IM WORKING ON AN ACER OPEN AND IM TRYING TO SETUP ANOTHER HARDDRIVE BUT THERE'S A PASSWORD PROTECTING THE CMOS SETUP.
I CANNOT DETERMINE THE JUMPER FOR THE CMOS BATTERY TO CLEAR THE SETTINGS.THE BATTERY ITSELF IS SODERED TO THE BOARD SO I CANT REMOVE IT. I WAS AT ACERS' WEB PAGE BUT THAT WAS NO HELP. THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR THE BOARD IS AP53 95140-1. THERE IS A JUMPER WHICH SAYS "CLEAR RAM" BUT IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THAT. NORMALLY THE JUMPER IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE BATTERY BUT IT IS HARD TO DETERMINE WHICH IS THE BATTERY. THERE SEEMS TO BE NUMEROUS REISISTERS THAT LOOK LIKE BATTERIES.
HELP!

Answer : Problem: ACER OPEN

On page 2-12 of the user's guide for the AP53 it says "You need to clear CMOS if you forget your system password.  To do this, shut off the system power and short pins 2-3 of JP5 for a few seconds.  Reset the jumper to normal setting by shorting pins 1-2.  Enter setup to specify new password."
  The CMOS clear jumper set on any given mainboard need not be in close proximity to the battery.  The mainboard is a multi-layered circuit and the leads from the battery can be at any layer and lead to any position on the surface of the board.  In this case, JP5 is located just between the last (inboard) ISA slot and the first (outboard) PCI slot.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us