Question : Problem: I can't put songs onto my iPod, but the computer will play songs off of it

I can't sync anything onto my iPod from my computer. It was working fine up until a few days ago, when I pulled it out of the computer without ejecting it first. My computer will recognize the iPod as an F drive (Mass Storage Device), the connection cable is fine, the hard drive is fine. It works fine on my laptop, but doesn't work on my desktop now. I can play songs off of the iPod, but I can't put songs onto it. Whenever I try to sync my iPod an error message appears either telling me about a write failure or the operation timed-out. When I try to eject the iPod now iTunes will freeze up and I will have to go into Ctrl+Alt+Del to end the process and then to unplug the iPod I will use the "Safely Remove Hardware". It must be the USB port, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled the two I use. I have used USB ports all over my computer and I get the same results. I've restored the iPod mulitple times and reinstalled iTunes. I've tried putting the iPod into Disk Mode, but nothing seems to work. I use Windows XP on a PC.

Answer : Problem: I can't put songs onto my iPod, but the computer will play songs off of it

Is the File system, XP uses NTFS Windows 9x use FAT 32, MS DOS uses FAT 12 or FAT 16 For the IPod to work it need to be formated with the old file system, FAT.
On XP when you're going to format a hard disk you have the option to chose the file system, in this case FAT 32.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us