Question : Problem: Laptop to desktop connection via firewire..where are the drivers?

I have a laptop that is connected to my desktop via firewire. However, the desktop (WIN2K) can't find any drivers. When I plug the cable in, the NEW HARDWARE wizard pops up and asks for drivers. I've searched hi and low for these drivers and I can't seem to find the right one. It seems like there are two devices Microsoft 1394 NIC and Microsoft 1394 PC in the NEW HARDWARE WIZARD.

I'm tossing my hair on this one.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Laptop to desktop connection via firewire..where are the drivers?

"NETWORK CONNECTION that says "1394 Connection Enabled"

This refers to TCPIP over FW, as I originally thought you were trying to use.  If you read the page I originally linked, you'll see that only WinXP supports this without some extra software.  If one of the machines is using Win2000 then you'll need extra software on that one.

The specs page for the Fujitsu S series laptops does not mention the ability to be an external disk, like weed has seen in "some laptops":
http://www.fujitsupc.com/www/products_notebooks.shtml?products/notebooks/tech_specs/s_series_fall02_ts

Again, what made you think this model can do this?  If we can find that reference, we can figure out how to do it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us