Question : Problem: Getting Started with Win CE 4.2

My organization is planning to use a panel PC having Win CE 4.2. I have downloaded eVC 4.0 and other tools from Microsoft's site. I would appreciated some pointers regarding how to get started with programming for CE. Among other advice you may give, please let me know:
a) Differences between the API for CE and for Win32, specifically with regard to the User Interface.
b) Good online resources and tutorials.
c) Good books to purchase.

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Getting Started with Win CE 4.2

you can use the .net compact framework and visual studio 2003 with c#/vb.net, etc. there are plenty of docs and resources on the microsoft site.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/embedded/aa714498.aspx

if you are used to using .net you will soon feel at home programming for CE in visual studio. basically most things you expect to work will work with pretty minimal changes (as is the .net way). ify you have programmed in .net before you will have a hello  world app up in about 30 seconds.

the one thing which will be a bit alien is the deployment/debugging of the applicaiton. the easiset way is to attach the device to your development pc via active sync and deploy/debug to the connected device from visual studio

books - haven't come accross anything worth recomending.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us