Question : Problem: Help with wifi connection to Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card.

I have four new Dell Laptops, two are Latitude D830's and two are Precision M6300's that all have this Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card. In the office we have wifi setup that all the rest of the laptops can connect to.  The new computers with the Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card can see the wifi network but they will not connect to it.  I have phoned Dell support and the technician remoted in an was unable to figure out the reason why the computers will not connect.  Any suggestions to this problem?  Thanks

Answer : Problem: Help with wifi connection to Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card.

I have seen Dells refuse to connect to WEP encryption just as you describe. Never got a solution out of Dell for it, even though the warranty was still in effect. The only solutions I found on my own were to switch to WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK (more secure, anyway), or change to another wireless adapter (Netgear WG111T USB was what I used to troubleshoot it, proving the notebook could connect, just not with the internal wifi card).
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Does anyone have a workaround for an old HP Laserjet 4L to work with a Linksys WPSM54G Print Server?
  •  Problem: WTF's up with my iSCSI network config ???
  •  Problem: iPhone Exchange 2007 mail sync Freezes
  •  Problem: Can't get online! Airport/Network/Mac problems!
  •  Problem: What does the "65 nm" in a 65 nm processor measure and is this independent of socket architecture?
  •  Problem: Clients can connect to database on VPN through wired ethernet but not through wireless
  •  Problem: Gateway Desktop 500 GB seagate HDD replaced with identical HDD that crashed and no longer has power.
  •  Problem: How do I image a laptop that is SCSI or SATA using Norton Ghost v11?
  •  Problem: BES in for multiple exchange environments
  •  Problem: Dual or Quad core for gamer, visual studio/sql server developer
  •  
    programming4us programming4us