Question : Problem: How to use my repeater to my home network ?

Hi,
I have a Netopia-3347 wireless router (which is provided by my ISP). I can connect to this router and access Internet successfully. But, I want to get more power in another place of my home and I tried using Netgear WG-602 Access Point in repeater mode. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to configure it to access the Internet. I can connect to the network but my computer shows me a message of "You're connected to THIS network but No IP allowed". I tried several ways but I can't got it. I will also say that it's impossible to physically connect the router with the Access Point. Could you please tell me how can I resolve this situation ? Thanks a lot.

Answer : Problem: How to use my repeater to my home network ?

The Netopia router doesn't support repeating: http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/NIR_100.html

You will not be able to get the WG602 to repeat to the router - or rather, the 602 may in fact repeat traffic to the router, but nothing will come back.  So it won't work.

Once possible option would be to buy a second WG602.  This can then be connected directly to the router, and the router's wireless turned off.  The 602s can be used to increase your wireless range by repeating.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us