Question : Problem: Incremental backup using volume shadow copy

Hii...   I am doing Incremental backup using volume shadow copy, I am already done with Full backup..... My question here is whats the way in which input parameter can be assigned to "AddPartialFile"  VSS API to do the incremental backup......... from where does the information about the data ranges of the modified section in files can be retreived to give them as input to "AddPartialFile"... I really need to know this as soon as possible, so ur early response will be highly appreciated...... Plz guide me through this... Thanks .

Answer : Problem: Incremental backup using volume shadow copy

Hi

What i understand is that Getpartial file still has relevance. Check this document on how to use vss backup for incremental differential backup.

"A requestor can determine these files by calling IVssComponent::GetPartialFileCount and IVssComponent::GetPartialFile. IVssComponent::GetPartialFile will return a path and a file name pointing to the file and also a ranges string indicating what needs to be backed up in the file."

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/7/a/47a548b9-249e-484c-abd7-29f31282b04d/SQLWriter.doc

bhanu
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us