Question : Problem: Citrix MPS 4.0 on Win2k3 Printing Question

hello,
I have a win2k3 R2 server running Citrix MPS 4.0. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do the following:

1.) All users can view all the printers that have been created on the server from other RDP or Citrix sessions. How can I make it so that the user only sees printers that I have setup on that server locally or that are created by that users session?

2.) How can I deny certain printers from being created by the server? IE Microsoft Document Image Writer, CutePDF, Adobe PDF, etc.

3.) How can I make it so that users only get the printer that they have setup as their default printer on their local machine replicated onto the Citrix Session?

Answer : Problem: Citrix MPS 4.0 on Win2k3 Printing Question

1. This usually means that each user is a local Administrator on your citrix server.  This is NOT a good idea for many reasons.  Removing them from the admin group on the server should solve this problem.

2. The printers you have mentioned are installed when you install certain applications (i.e. MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc...).  You can reinstall those applications and use a custom install to choose not to install the printer drivers.  Or just simply delete those printers if you don't want them on the server.

3. Use Policies... under printer policies there is a specific setting to only create the user's default printer.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us