Question : Problem: Get last accessed time of a program ?

All,

Is there a way in SMS I can tell the last time a program was used on a SMS client?  If I launch MS Word 2003 from a desktop shortcut, is there a Last Modified or some other time stamp I could query?  I have run a lots of reports in the past but I am stumped on this one.  

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Get last accessed time of a program ?

You can but the problem is it needs to be a metered application first, so, if you setup a metering rule for WinWord.exe than this information will be collected during inventory.  You can than use a query or report to display this information, now the trick is you don't actually query anything, but you tell it to display the attributes "Software Usage" you can than see start times end times etc..  An example query is shown below.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

PS: The metering information can take a few days before you can run the query below because, computers need to update their local rules to tell them the application which is to be metered.  It than will start to gather this information from then on, the database is only updated once an inventory has taken place, so it depends on your inventory scheduling.
1:
select SMS_G_System_SoftwareUsageData.* from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareUsageData on SMS_G_System_SoftwareUsageData.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
Open in New Window Select All
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us