Question : Problem: Veritas Back up Question

I am going to use two tape sets, one set for full back-ups and one set for differential backs-ups.

I want to do full-backs ups every week. Tape will be inserted on Friday and backup done at 9.00pm

I want to do differential back-times four times a week. One tape will be inserted on Monday morning, and differential back-ups carried out on the evenings of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, when the back-up data will be appended. On Friday, the tape will be swapped and a new one inserted ready for the new full back-up. The cycle then reepeats itself. To start with, the tapes will go into storage for a month, then be recycled. This means the data will be overwritten.

So differential data needs to be protected from overwriting for at least a week and less than a month,; and the full data backups don't need protecting, since they are changed everyweek according to a plan and eventually overwritten.

I've been trying to figure out what to do in Veritas, but there are just two many variables for me to be sure to get it right.

Can anyone supply me with a step by step guide?

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Veritas Back up Question

All my jobs are set to Overwrite.

Media Sets: Overwrite protection period is set to a specified time.

Append is set to infinite - allow append

Been working fine for the 2 years I have been using Backup Exec.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us