Question : Problem: I want my Apple keyboard to work on my non-Apple (Windows PC) just like on a Mac running Windows.

I would like to have my aluminum Mac keyboard work on my non-Apple PC running Windows.

SO far it works fine, but some of the keys don't work.  I understand that some software in BootCamp called "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" is supposed to make it work.  (I have an iMac too, and am not having issues with that.)

When I install this on the PC, it says successfully installed, but the extra keys on the Apple keyboard don't work.  Volume, eject, etc.  Also, the keyboard comes up in Device Manager as a "HID Keyboard Device", not an "Apple Keyboard" as expected.  Is there a way to make these work?

I am already aware that there exists keymapping utilities that can modify the Windows registry so it interprets the scan codes differently so some of the keys can be used.  However I'm looking to get the actual Apple software to work on the PC if possible, so it works just like it does on the iMac.

Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: I want my Apple keyboard to work on my non-Apple (Windows PC) just like on a Mac running Windows.

I figured it out.

There is a BootCamp.msi on the CD that came with the iMac.  This did it.  In the end, it seemed as though AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe wasn't even necessary.

Even afterwards, Device Manager still shows it as a "HID Keyboard Device" but it is working.

The AppleKPro did not work.  It could be that it's not for this keyboard, or it could be that it's not for Vista.  It simply did nothing when I clicked "agree" to the license agreement screen.  Also it is payware and I was hoping for a free solution, which I found.  (Well, the iMac was $1799, but I didn't have to pay for extra software! :) )
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us