Question : Problem: How will an Iphone, Itouch and psp play a video made 640x480

If i have a video that is 640x480 how will this play on the devices mentioned above - will they automatically resize the video to fit the screen.

I have the software to resize the file to 480x360 ( which keeps aspect ratio ) which would look better on those devices. some of the videos have text on them its not just a straight video camera video - so in relation to text which would be better, leave it as it is, or resize my end first.

If I do this the iphone and touch are actually 320x480, e.g. its rectangualar, long ways up - so if the user does not turn the device sidways, what kind of result would that be, off a 480x360 - or would the device automatically turn sideways to show the full screen.

As for the psp - which is 480x272 - same kind of question.

Answer : Problem: How will an Iphone, Itouch and psp play a video made 640x480

The devices will resize the video on the fly..
Not quite sure how the iphone will display the video when held vertically, but i can only assume it will stretch/shrink the width of the video with regard to the screen's orientation.  

For best quality, it's almost always ideal to ensure the source matches the output's native resolution (i.e. resize the video before transferring to device), but in the real world, the visible quality difference (between on-the-fly device resizing vs software based remuxing prior to transfer) may be so small that there is little justification for the latter.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us