Question : Problem: IPOD sound stops randomly, help!

I recieved my IPOD Classic about a year ago, and recently the sound started to get fuzzy and then sometimes the sound completely stops.  Sometimes it works perfectly, but then it randomly starts messing up. The song still plays, but there is no sound.  I'm not sure if it is disfunctional and needs to be replaced or this could be fixed.  Can you help me?  If not, do you know if  there  is any way I can get it switched out without charge?

Answer : Problem: IPOD sound stops randomly, help!

If the Ipod is showing that it is still playing the file, and your sound is erratic, I would first suggest that you try a new set of headphones.  It could be something as simple as a damaged conductor or bad solder on the little speakers.  If that is the case, repair them if you have the know-how, or simply replace them.  After you try that and find that the headphones are not the problem, the next culprit is likely the headphone jack/lock switch assembly.  It is either dirty, damaged, or the cable is not connected securely.  In any case, you must remove the cover on the Ipod in order to inspect it.  This can be done by carefully prying around the edge with a flat-tip screwdriver, but is safer if you use an Ipod opening tool, available at several websites.  Examine the connections, and make a determination as to the problem.  The simplest solution to your problem would be to send your ipod to the apple store, or another reputable online repair shop for free diagnosis. Once someone with the proper equipment and training has diagnosed your problem, you can determine the most cost-effective solution.
You can find parts at http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenter.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us