Question : Problem: All graphics cards display at low resolution with Nvidia driers installed

I am fixing a PC that on one boot up decided to display at 640x480 on 8bit graphics with a Nvidia Geforce4 MX400 card. I thought no worries I'll adjust the properties in display settings only to find that I Can't. I uninstalled the drivers and let windows install generic VGA drivers, and hey presto can adjust graphics to nice high settings but performace is very lacking. Reinstall latest Forceware Nvidia drivers and after reboot system dislay back down to 640x480!!! At this point tried a brand new tested Geforce 6200 to find it does same thing. Seems to point to either a windows issue or a driver issue but which is it and what do i do?

TIA

Answer : Problem: All graphics cards display at low resolution with Nvidia driers installed

Turns out the graphics card itself was actualy as after reloading OS other Nvidia cards worked with drivers but this one still played up. We then put that card in a test rig to see if it worked and same thing again.
Oh well
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us