Question : Problem: Best way to hook up a tv to a pc?

I've got a nvida video card in a mini-tower acer 64 bit vista system. I want to hook it up to my tv. The video card only has the vga and hdmi (or whatever that high density slot is), no s-video or composite options. My tv has red green blue rca inputs, and the red white and yellow inputs and s-video. I have one slot open in the mini-tower, but lots of usb ports. I have a cable that comes out of the vga and adapts to red, green and blue inputs. But when I tried that configuration it didn't work. When we looked at the specs of the nvida geoforce 8200 card, it said something about not processing tv signals, but the cards control panel has lots of options for tv viewing. Looking for a good strategy to get this hooked up to my tv please.

Answer : Problem: Best way to hook up a tv to a pc?

Yes, you could simply use the DVI -> VGA adapter and not even bother with the 2nd low-profile bracket :-)
I was focused on answering your question and didn't even notice that an adapter was included !!

Yes, component video is the set of 3 RGB cables.

No need for another question r.e. adding a USB TV Tuner => that won't have any bearing on this discussion.   That's a completely independent addition to the system.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us