Question : Problem: 3 Touchscreens Over Ethernet or Similar

I am about to put in 3 - 30" touchscreen monitors that will be mounted in the wall in seperate locations. My issue is how to get them to show video from one source. The source is going to be a PC running a flash video presentation. I thought of using an IP KVM but I am not sure if this will work since it only does one at a time. Are there any hardware solutions to allow all 3 monitors to run the same video. These monitors will not be close to the pc, most likely they will be around 100ft+ from the PC itself. If there is anything at all that would help me I would be greatly appreciative,

Thanks again in advance for any help.
Joe Wood

Answer : Problem: 3 Touchscreens Over Ethernet or Similar

video signal - probably no problem - see following site for video extender / splitters

http://www.kvms.com/video-extender.asp

You can also use simple VGA splitters (2 into 1 'Y-Splitter' adaptors) to split the signal (you would need 2 - one plugged into the video card and one plugged into one lead from the first adaptor) Alternatively you could make up a nice terminal box and physically connect them together - I have this setup using 2 monitors (well one monitor and one projector) - the projector is on a 50 metre cable.

With VGA you may possibly need a signal booster over 100 metres (again see above link). You can also use VGA - Ethernet adaptors so that the cable runs are in CAT 5 cable (a lot cheaper)

However - If you require the touchscreen functionality you MAY have trouble -

Depends on the application and the input hardware - you may experience driver conflicts when using multiple input devices and the application may be difficult to control if it receives conflicting info.

If the application is 'pushbutton' driven you will probably be ok.

I have a similar setup with my home automation system that works fine (2 monitors).

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us