Question : Problem: configure wireless repeaters/bridge

I have a network I am trying to extend the wireless range.  I have an office with a DSL connection and a few local PCs.  I want to extend via wireless the network connection to another office about 200 ft away.  I have gotten my hands on a Cisco 1310 Wireless bridge and a 350 series AP.  I need to know how to configure both devices to extend the network.

Here was my idea:

internet <-> DSL <-> Office switch <-> 350 AP <-> 1310 bridge <-> clients

I am not sure what to call teh 350 AP either root or non root.  And what mode to put the  1310 bridge in to (root, non root, root AP, bridge, etc)

I did configure them both with a SSID and WEP security.  I can connect to them each individually, but I cannot connect from the 1310 to the internet nor can I pink the 350 IP from the 1310.

Thanks!
kevin

Answer : Problem: configure wireless repeaters/bridge

internet <-> DSL <-> Office switch <-> 350 AP <-> 1310 bridge <-> clients

On the 350 is root mode brdge
On the 1310 non root mode bridge

RootConfigures the access point/bridge as a root access point/bridge. In this mode, you
establish a link with a non-root access point/bridge. In this mode, the access point/bridge also
accepts associations from clients.
 Non-Root Places the access point/bridge in non-root mode. In this mode, it links with a root
access point/bridge.

You need to setup the same SSID on both

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_4_JA/configuration/guide/13_34scg.pdf

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us