Question : Problem: Need to create a no charge captive portal.

I need to create a controlled access wireless access point, I believe that this is called a captive portal. I dug up an old WRT54G and found  DD-WRT  v24 which mentions a product called Chilispot. They mention that Chilispot is no longer in development and also looks like Chilispot requires a third part server for authentication. If they arent functional any longer how would that work?  I have seen the PublicIP CD but that too requires a third party authentication.
I only need to control access during certain times, not charge for it, the device would be unplugged when not allowing this access.  I would like to have my own login page and have all this located within the router.
I can spend a little money for this all in one solution but not much. Any Ideas?

Answer : Problem: Need to create a no charge captive portal.

The simplest thing for you to do would be to purchase a GuestGate. This is a captive portal appliance, the size of an access point that adds some great security features for you wireless users and will segregate a private network as well.

It is around $300 USD, but it will solve your problem.

http://www.guestgate.com

John

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us