Question : Problem: DVD ROM and DVD RW Drives not visible / available in windows after reinstalling windows xp

hi,

I hope you can help me. I had a problem with windows xp constantly crashing so I reinstalled windows xp to solve it. Everthing seems to be working and I no longer have any crashes but my dvd drives do not show in "my computer".

When the system boots they are recognised correctly but I can't see them in windows. Both have power and will eject manually but windows just does not see them. I thought I should  be able to reinstall / reactivate them easily or just add the driver but unfortunatley I don't have the drivers and cannot find them on the sony website or the web. They are Sony DVD-ROM DDU-1613 and SONY DVD RW DW-DD22A.

Any ideas please?
thanks

Answer : Problem: DVD ROM and DVD RW Drives not visible / available in windows after reinstalling windows xp

If the drives are incorrectly identified in Windows Device Manager as SCSI rather than IDE, this indicates that the mainboard has either the wrong drivers or failed install of correct drivers. More mainboard information would be helpful but the chipset drivers are the problem at this point, reinstall is indicated.
T
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us