Question : Problem: screen dark now....help

I have a compaq presario 2100 laptop running winows me. The screen now is totally black ....help

Answer : Problem: screen dark now....help

Given what you indicate - it appears to boot and you can see a faint windows screen - the backlight on the laptop's LCD has burned out.  These can be replaced, but you will have to take the laptop apart to do so - or pay someone to do it.  The laptop is probably old enough now that it would not be worth it to fix it.

When I talked about the external monitor what I mean is connect up a regular monitor to the laptop instead of using the laptop's screen - the laptop should have a monitor port on the back usually it is blue - that allows you to connect a real monitor (screen) to the laptop.  It is usually used to connect to a projector - but you can connect up a regular monitor (screen) to the laptop.  You can connect up a older style CRT monitor or a newer style LCD monitor.  You should then be able to see your screen.  That way you can use the laptop with the 'external' monitor(screen).  Certianly not as convienent though.

Good Luck.
Bob.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us