Question : Problem: Troubles with restoring to a different server on a different system.

I have taken a complete backup of a server on my live network and put it to tape.  

I loaded BE11d on a DC server in a test environment server (a completely separate entity).  

I inventoried the tape, that was successful, and I cataloged the media, that was also SUCCESSFUL.

The problem that I am having is that, when I right-click on the tape and select "restore data" it gives me the error:  "The selected media was not found in the catalogs.  You must first catalog the media if you want to use it for restore operations."  

So I re-tried cataloging it in two different modes (with the box named "Use storage media-based catalogs" checked and unchecked, bot successful), restarted the machine, restarted the services and I still get that error.  Any thoughts??  I heard something about someone having to rebuild a restore server, would that work??  If so, how do you do that??

Also once this error occurs you can click ok to it and the restore screen will show and I can see the cataloged data under the "View by resource" tab.  BUT, when I click on the "View by media" tab I can not see anything.  

When I am under the "View by resource" tab I am unable to select any of the boxes for restore.

Answer : Problem: Troubles with restoring to a different server on a different system.

In the restore selection window there is filter which filters the selection according to the date of the backup.
You have not performed any backups on the new server and the Filter box is selected hence you are not able to see anything in the restore selection window.
Uncheck the date filter box and you should be able to see  the cataloged media
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us