Question : Problem: AT+CPMS Error

I am using Nokia E66 as GSM modem to develop an application that sends and receives SMS Messages via Computer.
when I tried to set the "Preferred Message Storage" through AT+CPMS command I got an Error.

If CPMS is not set, I will not be able to:
-Write SMS to Memory.
-Send SMS stored in Memory.
-RetrieveSMS Stored in Memory.
-Delete SMS Stored in Memory.

But I am able to send SMS through AT+CMGS directly and its work fine with me.

This is my session with HyperTerminal:
AT
OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CMGF?
+CMGF: 1
OK
AT+CPMS?
+CPMS: ,,,,,,,,
OK
AT+CPMS=?
+CPMS: (),(),()
OK
AT+CPMS="SM","SM","SM"
ERROR

I Heard somthing like " Nokia S60 operating system does not support receiving SMS via PC but it does support sending SMS via PC", If so, is there alternative method to receive\retrieve SMS into pc ?
Any Help on this topic will be very much appreciated.

Cheers..!
Saed Salman :)

Answer : Problem: AT+CPMS Error

> If so, is there alternative method to receive\retrieve SMS into pc ?

To that question I cannot answer in affirmative since I don't have a Nokia E66 with which to try.

But here is an explanation of the results you're getting:

> AT+CPMS?           Query contents
> +CPMS: ,,,,,,,,      Area1,Contents,Total,A2,C,T,A3,C,T - comma-delimited (nothing between commas)
> OK                       Finished query without error

> AT+CPMS=?         Query acceptable parameters
> +CPMS: (),(),()     Each area's accepted parameters in parentheses (nothing inside parentheses)
> OK                       Finished query without error

Nothing between the commas + nothing between the parentheses = this phone apparently does not have those storage areas. Still, the phone's operating system recognizes +CPMS is a valid AT command, but does not accept any parameters for it. 3GPP's Technical Spec 27.005 (latest version attached) requires the +CPMS command be supported, but does not require those message storage areas to actually exist.

I have a couple different PDF files with AT commands for Nokia phones... they shouldn't be hard to find on google.

Check for newer at http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/specs/html-info/27005.htm

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us