Question : Problem: SAN uplink not bind with Server Profile in VCM

Guys,

I'm setting up a new HP c7000 Blade enclosure and nearly everything is in place, I just have one problem that I cannot solve.

1. On the onsight display of the OA when access the PORT info screen the QLogic HBA mezzanine cards are not there.  The mezzanine cards ae installed in the first connector on the blades and the VC-FC module are installed in bays 3 and 4.  See attached screenshot

2. In the VC Manager I have created the FC SAN fabric with the Uplik port, I created a Server profile and assigned the SAN Fabric created but when I check the VC-FC module it says that no Server HBA has been mapped.  See attached screenshots.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: SAN uplink not bind with Server Profile in VCM

Dear ForestDenizen,

Since my last post HP came back to me but I've been away from the office for a few days.  The mezzanine cards that I have make part of a faulty batch.  A replacement is on its way.  I have 5 of them and all of them are part of the same faulty batch.  What amazed me is that HP knows about this faulty batch but it is waiting for the clients to come back to them.  I've wasted days trying to solve the problem:(

Thanks
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us