Question : Problem: RAID says "healthy" at POST, but storage manager says otherwise

Hi!  I am setting up a RAID configuration (mirrored, raid 1) but having a problem verifying it.

Hardware as follows:
-HP Proliant ML115 with 4 SATA ports
-Drive 0 is a 160GB SATA, has operating system only, no RAID for this one
-Drive 1 and Drive 2 are  both 1TB SATA (for data only, this is what I want to RAID)
-I did NOT clear the MBR during the RAID setup.

Setup the RAID via the F10 for the BIOS and then F8 for RAID utility.  This shows "healthy" at bootup and when I go in and check details.

HP Storage Manager shows "no controllers present"?  Device manager shows that the RAID is in good working order.  NOTE: this HP Storage Manager seems to be a cooked down version of the one I'm used to.  The one I'm used to shows a lot more graphical items and options, whereas this one looks to be a cooked down, very basic version.

With all that said:
1)Should I trust the POST since it says "healthy" and feel confident that the RAID is working?
2)Do I need to go further since I see a conflict (post vs. storage manager)?
3)Should I have cleared the MBR?

The operating system is not on the 1TB drives as they are for storage only, so I can re-do the RAID from scratch if necessary.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Answer : Problem: RAID says "healthy" at POST, but storage manager says otherwise

One more item to add: one reason I feel that it is working fine is the fact that only one HD shows up under "my computer".  Just double checked the RAID config on boot up and all is still listed as healthy.

With that, I would assume all is good.  Agree or disagree?  Thanks again!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us