Question : Problem: USB Drive Problems

I've been having problems with USB drives being recognized. I went into regedit and changed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Auditinprogress from 1 to 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Factorypreinstallinprogress from 1 to 0

My USB device is now showing, but everytime I try to eject it using the system tray icon I get the following  error message:

E:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to another location

The drive is being ejected, but it also seems like the computer thinks I want to access it.

I also tried ejecting from within My Computer with a right click-eject and again a message comes up, after ejecting, saying please insert a disk into drive.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Answer : Problem: USB Drive Problems

here a tutorial on how to use regedit :  http://www.windowsmaven.com/How_to_use_regeditl.htm
To be safe,  - before you start modifiying keys, make a registry backup and save it  (under file >export)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us