Question : Problem: Treo 650 fails to view PDF

Everytime I try to download and view a PDF attachment from my email on my Treo 650 I get the following series of errors:
Transfer: Do you want to accept "document.pdf" into Adobe Reader?
I select YES
Adobe Reader: Failed to receive beamed document
Transfer: Error: Database: corrupt database (0x0209)
Then adobe reader for Palm OS is launched but the document is not available.

On Palm's website they say you have to use the Adobe Reader for Palm OS desktop application to convert the native pdf to a format that is readable by you handheld.  The person receiving all these emails is totally mobile and get sent these documents from a variety of people.  Doesn't seem very manageable to have these people convert their docs.  

As a quick fix how do you convert these docs?  I'm not the user w/ the Treo, but if he forwards me the message w/ PDF attachment, how can I convert it?

Has anyone use the PDF from DocstoGo?  Does it solve the problem?  High points b/c it's for a critical user.

Answer : Problem: Treo 650 fails to view PDF

This is the way it works.  You have to install the acrobat software on your computer.  To do this you may need to install the TREO too.  However you will not need TREO to make the files and email them to your com-worker.

Once Installed, drag the regular PDF file to your "Adobe Reader for Palm OS" ICON on the DESKTOP. It will launch the program and conversion process.  There are a few settings you can configure for your output.  Once it converts the file, it places it in an installer for the device to get installed on the Treo at the next sync.  The Files are saved in a folder on your computer until installed.  Mine are in a folder called
 C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo65B\PDFView
I would expect you to be able to find the files in essentially the same location, and email them to him to open.  Once you send them you can delete them.  You can preview the output before sending it, mine open fine in acrobat 7.0.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us