Question : Problem: My R40 thinkpad wouldn't start and I can hear a clicking sound when I try to turn it on.

My R40 Thinkpad flashed a Blue Screen of death and before I could record the message it died on me.  I looked up the Lenovo website for troubleshooting and didn't find much help.  I see the initial start-up screen but the Operating System is not loading.  I can run the Set-up utilities without any issues and when I tried running the start-up with diagnostics I see the following Error
0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0 (Zero)
Press to Setup.

Does this mean that my hard drive is dead?
The Lenovo site said that the number 1 issue when this error message shows up it probably requires reseating the hard drive.  What does that mean?

Answer : Problem: My R40 thinkpad wouldn't start and I can hear a clicking sound when I try to turn it on.

If you want to be sure just call IBM serv and they will kinda help....but best bet is drive from newegg cheapest price IDE drive.should be fine..Again cd are available from IBM for 45$ at 800-426-7378. Also if you feel you will need help with the issue you can call software at 866-432-7141 that is the team i Manage and they can help you along with sending you the cd's and help reinstalling them. Hopefully this helps and feel free to call 24x7 365
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us