Question : Problem: PCLocator(UltraControl) questions

1.  is anyone familiar with this program? am i correct to assume it doesn't actually relocate the files, but more or less copies them to the other computer? in other words, when i finish, i will have the programs i transferred on my new computer and also still on my old computer, right?

2.)  i know once i get online with the program i will know more about it but i was put underthe assumption that once you are on using their CD, then you have to do everything then or you will get charged for getting on a second time.

3.)  it also says there are instructions in the cd or at their site as to if one can not get on the internet and update pclocator. any idea what i am going to be up against if i only have ononly computer on line to update?

4.)  i have also heard it is not a fast working program. any approximate guess of how much time i will need to transfer around 10-15 gigs (mostly music and videos) using DSL Download speed of about 375 kilobits per second?  

5.)  one last question... my olderlaptop has been going into that intel boot agent loop which to get out of, i have to force my coputer off and then just wait for a few hours. if the computer starts this loop thingie, it's going to mess up my transfer. pclocator says it is best to use their product just once. any ideas to why and how this will affect my transfer if it is interrupted by the intel boot agent?

Answer : Problem: PCLocator(UltraControl) questions

General answer : we cannot give exact info, without knowing more details on the old and new computer, and the transfer method.
I'll try to provide some answers though :
1-yes,
2-unsure what you mean, if you bought their soft, they'll help you further
3-normally, no problem- they maybe updating their program (do it before using it) but that 's all.
4-you are not transferring over the internet? Normally used methods :
- hook both drives to the same pc, (fastest)
- over network : depends on network speed (10 Mb or 100 Mb or 1000 Mb / sec)
5-i would suggest fixing the boot loop issue first
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us