Question : Problem: Modem Mic/line-in

I'm trying to use the microphone or line-in on my to play sound coming in from my wintv go, the cable should go in my sound card line-in/microphone but all of them are being used by my 5.1 surround sound, since my AC 97 software transforms my speaker/line-in/line-out on the onboard sound into the 3 surround sound outputs; they cannot be used for their normal function.

Answer : Problem: Modem Mic/line-in

what kind of motherboard do you have? msi? asus?

I have never heard of anyone interfacing the line in jack on the modem with the soundcard, the line in on the modem comes in as analog and goes directly into the modem hardware.  

I guess technically if you have a winmodem you can use the drivers to convert it into digital then interface it with the windows sound to have a line in.
Or if you have a hardmodem you can convert the analog to digital then interface it with windows, but I've never heard of this being done before.

anyway if you get the latest ac 97 software you can switch between line in, and surround sound... I'm not exactly sure where to get this though, I have the ac 97 sound and I just switch between surround and mic whenever I need to use the mic.

most msi and asus boards offer the sound bracket that connects directly to your motherboard and had the jacks on the back... I think that would be the best option
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us