Question : Problem: Why is my blackberry not correctly syncing the time of my appointments I create on the blackberry to exchange?

I have a network of approximately 40 BlackBerry phones running on BES 4.0.  Both the Exchange server and the BES server are located in Michigan.  I have a user in Texas that is having problems syncing his BlackBerry properly to the Exchange server.  Here are a couple of scenarios:

1)  He has someone else create an appointment for him (that person is on GMT -5 (EST), but he is set to GMT -6 (CDT)  When they create the appointment let's say at 1pm, it is added to his calendar in Outlook, and is pushed out to his BlackBerry via the BES.  However, the appointment shows up an hour late for him, at 2pm, and he has to change it back to 1pm on his BlackBerry.  This then changes the appointment time in Outlook to 3pm!  

2) If he creates an appointment in Outlook, the correct appointment time syncs to his BlackBerry just fine, but if he creates the appointment on the BlackBerry, the appointment seems to be off by an hour.

This is causing him tremendous headaches in the field trying to keep appointments.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Why is my blackberry not correctly syncing the time of my appointments I create on the blackberry to exchange?

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us