Question : Problem: I have problems with a wireless network using Sitecom WL-127 Modem Router

I have just installed a Sitecom modem router (WL-127) on my main pc.
The ADSL connection works perfectly in conjuction with my software firewall, Comodo latest version.
I have problems though with the wireless network. The network should comprise the main pc, another pc and a network drive connected to the tv (to watch movies in all formats).

The main pc is named Dino, the other pc Pala and the network drive Nas.

On Pala, I can browse the web with no problems and ping the router, Dino and Nas with no problem. I can also see and browse files shared on Nas. But I cannot see Dino in the list of computers in the workgroup, although it pings okay.

On Nas, I can browse files shared on Pala but again I cannot see Dino in any way.

On Dino, I can ping Dino, Pala, Nas and the router with no problem but I don't see any pc in the list of workgroup computers, not even Dino itself. So I can't browse shared files from Dino.

The strange thing is, all pings work as supposed, and the shared internet connection work perfectly for Pala, but Dino is cut off from any file sharing service. I have configured the firewall creating a network zone with all IPs from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255 and allowed any kind of communication between this IPs.

I don't know what else to do.

Answer : Problem: I have problems with a wireless network using Sitecom WL-127 Modem Router

Are they all a member of the same workgroup?

Is NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled on Dino?

Can you see Dino if you run \\192.168.0.?  Whatever the ip of Dino is?

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us