Question : Problem: Epson Perfection 2400 Scanner- running Epson Scan generates Escndv.exe error message

I have been using an Epson Perfection 2400 scanner successfully for several months. All of a sudden, when I try to run Epson Scan it generates a message "Escndv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close .... " I can run all scanner functions just fine from another PC. Some functions on Epson Smart Panel still work on my PC (like scanning directly to a printer), but Epson Scan, which allows you to scan and save to a file, will not run on my computer.

Have tried everything Epson has to offer (which isn't much), have spoken with an offshore Microsoft tech line, and am currently working with Newsoft, Inc. (the authors of the epson scanner software that's giving me trouble). Nobody has been able to get the scanner software problem resolved.

Answer : Problem: Epson Perfection 2400 Scanner- running Epson Scan generates Escndv.exe error message

There are a a few things I would try: Going through the registry to look for anything that looks like it's connected to the EPSON software after removing it from the system. I would then manually remove these entries (after backing up the registry) to see if this makes a difference.
Depending on how important your current system and how valuable your time is, I would try to use a different scanning frontend (e.g. Photoshop Elements or Imaging for Windows) instead of EPSON Scan.
Another thing I would probably try is uninstall/reinstall the software while running in Safe mode.

If all this does not work, you've probably run out of options. If not even the maker of the scan tool has anything useful to offer, you are probably out of luck. Sorry.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us