Question : Problem: Send messages to PC through a wireless router using laptop (without a network)?

Hi, I'm wanting to send messages to my PC (which has Wireless Router connected to it) from my laptops (which connect to the router for internet, but don't connect to a wireless network). On a network I know I could use the netsend function in DOS, but that doesn't work because I'm not on a network. Also I know I could send messages via MSN, but I would prefer to be able to send messages without someone having to login on using MSN on both the PC and laptop.

Basically is there a program I can download or a native function within XP that allows me to send messages to my PC, I have named it as homepc, I did try netsend homepc  message, didn't work.

Answer : Problem: Send messages to PC through a wireless router using laptop (without a network)?

Can you tell me a little bit more about your setup?

What are the two computers and what operating systems are they running?

What type of wireless router are you using, and how is it connected to the PC and the laptops for internet connection?

What type of messages are you wanting to send?

I'm just not getting a clear picture of what you have there I guess.  If your machines connect to the internet through this router, then you do have them connected over a network and you can use a program like LAN Chat that doesn't require an internet connection for the two machines to communicate.  You can download it free here:

http://www.softpile.com/Internet/Phone_Chat_and_IRC/Review_04575_index.html

If that's not the case, please answer the questions for me, and I'll do my best to help you out.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us