Question : Problem: Remote Connection Options-Cannot use Logmein

Hello,
I've been successfully using Logmein (free version) to access my home office computer (WinXP Pro) from client sites. Recently I started working part time at a city senior center, with networked computers. The IT Department has blocked access to the Logmein website, so I cannot use it to access my home office computer from one of their networked computers. Are there other ways to access my home office computer? I have not tried downloading software to one of the networked computers, and do not know if that would be blocked as well. I need something that will allow me access without any response needed by my home computer, since I won't be there to accept the response!

Thanks much in advance.

EJH in Colorado

Answer : Problem: Remote Connection Options-Cannot use Logmein

Hi sysexpert, zephyr &  hex,

I wanted to report back on how I resolved the issue I raised regarding accessing my home/office computer from a networked system that blocked access to the Logmein website. I purchased Logmein Ignition (got a nice deal on sale!), which runs Logmein from a jump drive. I've tested it out several times from a workstation on the network where the Logmein website is blocked, and am able to access my home/office computer easily. It's a great little program, and, given my situation,well worth the cost.

I'm glad to report a resolution. Since I solved it myself, I will be asking for a refund on points.

EJH in Colorado
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us