Question : Problem: HP 7280 won,t print from i-mac applications

We have a HP Photosmart 7820 connected to a small workgroup network of 3 computers. 2 i-mac and 1 pc. The printer is connected via its own built in network card, and has an IP address assigned by our routers DHCP server. 2 of the workstations print perfectly, ie one i-mac and the PC. The other i-mac prints fine from the HP printer utility "Test page" and we can also connect to the printer web interface, which shows all of the details, IP addresss, ink levels etc. However, when we try to print from any of tha applications installed on the i-mac (word etc) the job fails to print, and the printer driver status shows that "communication has been lost with the printer". We can immediately send another test print from the driver utility, (with the failed print job still shown in the printer document list) and ping the IP address of the printer, but still we cannot print from our applications. This is driving us mad, can anyone make any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Answer : Problem: HP 7280 won,t print from i-mac applications

On my HP 2575, it would gain a new IP address, depending on the order the computers were turned on. I set it to a static IP address so it would not change.

Print a network configuration page:
Press setup button on unit front panel
browse through menu until Network appears, then press OK
browse for View Network Settings, press OK
select Print Network Configuration Page, press OK
Check for Hardware Address (MAC) and IP address

make sure they match what your iMac says it's using to find the printer. You might check the 2nd iMac (the one that works ok) for what settings it is using.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us