Question : Problem: Unable to run Apple Hardware Test

My iMac has been playing up again, and before I phone Apple Support and get it sent off for repair for the 4th time I've been trying to run an Apple Hardware Test... and failing.

I tried putting the disk that came with my iMac onto the drive (Tiger Install Disk 1) and rebooting whilst holding the D key, but that didn't work. So I tried D with combinations of the Cmd, Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys, but to no avail. I did exactly the same with the C key but still nothing.

The only time I did manage to get something to happen was by booting whilst holding the Alt key on it's own. This took me to a screen where I could chose between booting to my Hard Disk or to the install disk - but there was no option to run the AHT.

I've tried to run the test before but never managed to get it to happen - so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong and how I can run the test. Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Unable to run Apple Hardware Test

well if you are following the instructions to the letter and it's still not working then i would venture a guess that there isn't anything you can do differently to get it to work. :(
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us