Question : Problem: Controlled start up

I'm sure there is an answer to this, I just can't find it!!!
I current have a small network of 10 servers one of which, the PDC, is plugged into my APC UPS via a USB lead. when the PDC detects that it has been on battery power for two minutes it runs a script to cleanly shut down all the other servers, before shutting its self down.

However, once the UPS detects that mains power is available all the servers come up together, is there a way I can control the order in which the servers are brought back up. ideally I'd like PDC and BDC to come up first before anything else as this seems to make my life easier when it does.

Answer : Problem: Controlled start up

Easy way with some added functionality: install the Recovery Console (run i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons) on all servers, then change the "Show OS List" setting in Start and Recovery (Properties of "My Computer" > Advanced > Start and Recovery).
Set it to 10 seconds on the PDCe, then stagger the other servers as required by their dependencies.
If you don't want to install the recovery console, uncheck the Read Only attribute in C:\boot.ini ("Show hidden files" must be enabled), open it in notepad, and simply duplicate the existing "multi()..." line in [operating systems] (no other changes). Save and set Read Only again. Configure the "Show OS List" timeout as described above.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us