Question : Problem: Having issues with Dual monitor setup

I have an IBM 8143-Y15 workstation, I just purchased a ATI x600 pci express video card, and I am having the the below issues setting up a dual monitor configuration:

-My built-in Intel vga video cards works fine before the installation of the new pcie card
-Once I install the pcie card into the workstation, I'm able to use that video card, however, my internal video card will not work together, it basically is that 1 will work w/o the other, but not both at the same time
-Ive installed several dual monitor setups, and have never ran into this issue
-In the setting tab, when I check "extend my windows desktopt" to enable the built in video card, it acts as if it will do it, then it automatically unchecks it.
-The other problem I'm having with this is that the ati x600 video card automaticllly loads its drivers for the built in video card
-When I try to manually add the built in video drivers, it will not let me, unless I remove the pcie card, then it will work fine.

Any ideas would me much apreciated.

Thanks,

Answer : Problem: Having issues with Dual monitor setup

You can't use onboard video and pci-e card at the same time!
Any motherboard give you a choice - onboard OR pci-e.

If you want to use two monitors - you must buy video card with two video output (DVI+DVI or VGA + DVI) and plug both monitors to it
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us