Question : Problem: ATI Radeon 9800 and Multi Display

Hi,

I have Dell desktop with 128 MB Radeon 9800 card which has TV out.  My OS is Windows XP service pack 1.

ATI Radeon card has three connections for video.  (1) Regular VGA connection for connecting CRT monitor (2) S-Video for connecting TV and (3) DVI connection for connecting Flat Screen digital monitor.

What I understand from ATI's site that by using DVI-To-VGA adapter, I could also connect CRT monitor to DVI out.  What I would like do is as follows:

(1) One user (Say User 1) will watch full screen movie on TV using S-Video out logged on to XP with his account.
(2) Second user (Say User 2 logged on to XP) would like to do run some other applications (say MS Excel or Word) using second display - CRT monitor conncted to DVI out with DVI-To-VGA adapter.

In short I would like to watch a  full screen movie on TV with User 1 account in Windows XP and at the SAME TIME run some other applications with User 2 account on CRT moinitor connected to DVI out.

Please let me know if this is possible.  If yes, do I have to do anything special or just connect everything right.

Thanks for your help.

Answer : Problem: ATI Radeon 9800 and Multi Display

You can definitely extend your desktop and from one user account run multiple applications (why would you need to run it from user2?).  The tricky thing may be in the watching of the movie on the s-video.  Most dvd software use an overlay which has to be on the primary display, and your setup might not work because of it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us