Question : Problem: Which 22" TFT to buy?

Im an avid gamer, and spend far too much time in front of my computer gaming. However, i've devided to treat myseld to a new monitor. Just before Xmas i bought a SUN 24" widescreen CRT. Whilst this monitor is superb, i do like the crystal clarity of a TFT. Therefore im going to upgrade. For months i've been trawling through websites looking for a good gaming TFT. I've finally decided i want to go for a 22" 1680 x 1050 TFT. The simple question is..whats the best?

I've heard horror stories about input lag, ghosting, colour banding, backlight bleeding, dead pixels, poor response time, cheap bezels, poor height adjustment, poor viewing angles,  and many others. I want to know everyones view about 22" TFT monitors, and if you have one, what you think about that model.

Points will be awarded to the person who gives me the best 'review' and when i've bought a product and im happy with it

Answer : Problem: Which 22" TFT to buy?

I just bought a 21 in. widescreen from Sceptre on Newegg which seems fine, but doesn't adjust hight and does bleed a little around the edges, anyway, just my two cents - What you really want to watch for are response time ratings. These are listed two ways - Normally, and Grey to Grey. Although they both measure the same thing, Grey to Gray is considerably faster as it only measures part of a pixels cycle from of to on to off again. My 5ms GTG monitor measures about 8ms normally. It seems that an 8 ms monitor should not have ghosting problems, although I do not know enouh about this to say that that is definitely the case. Secondly, you have the choice between Anti-glare and Anti-reflective monitors. Anti glare diffuses light that hits the screen, meaning that no one spot should be unreadable due to reflected light, however, with control over your gaming environment, this should not be a problem, Hence anti-reflective monitors, which are shiny, and as such, reflect most of the light that hits them back, as well as leaving the light exiting the screen unmolested.  I personally am a fan of anti-reflective monitors (Shiny) They look really nifty, and provide more clarity for gaming etc. Unfortunately, although they are becoming more standard on laptops, they're not common on Desktop LCDs, and are therefor more expensive. So, I don't really have any suggestions, but hope that helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us