Question : Problem: I am having trouble getting a Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card to run properly on my pc.

Basically I have this video card which is known as the Radeon X1650 Pro.  I plug it into the agp slot, then give it power.  Once I turn on the PC, in my diagnostics screen it says (detecting IDE drive(s)).  The IDE drive I have plugged into the computer is a MAXTOR 250 gigabyte drive.  I have a 175 watt power supply, and I am pushing a Gig of ram.  I am also pushing 2.2 GHZ in a AMD Athlon processor.  My computer boots up and runs just fine when the video card isn't in the slot, however, once i plug it into the agp slot, my computer can't get past the detection of the IDE drive.  How do I fix this so that I can use this card with my pc?  Can I use this card with my PC?  My computer has booted up with this card once before and I installed all the drivers and such, but after a restart...it pauses at detecting the IDE drives.  

Answer : Problem: I am having trouble getting a Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card to run properly on my pc.

There are a few ways I could see this going. A 175 Watt PSU is pretty small considering the demands of most computers and its possible that the system can't boot fully because its simply not recieving enough power. This would seem to be re-enforced by the fact that the system does boot up for you when the card is removed. It doesn't however explain the fact that you were able to boot the system once with the card installed. If you have CD Drives in the machine you could try removing power to both of them and booting the system to see if that allows things to function, and that would also suggest very strongly that it is indeed a power supply issue. You could also try removing any PCI expansion cards and leave just the harddrive, the memory, the processor, and the video card with power to them to see if that load can be handled.

Something  else to try might be booting the system into safe mode and uninstalling the video card drivers and then booting the machine normally and seeing if it will get into Windows that way. Then once you're in Windows check out ATI's website for the most up to date drivers available and see if that takes care of the issue for you, otherwise I'm inclined to believe your PSU just can't handle the load.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us