Question : Problem: Issue with Citrix XP on windows Service pack 4 - Users get a blank desktop with no Icons.

I have a Windows 2000 Server with Citrix XP, Windows 2000 Server is running service Pack 4. The clients are running client version 9.1.  I found articles on this issues relating to Post Service 4 pack Rollup1. I have since then removed Post Service 4 rollup 1 and installed post service pack  rollup 1 release 2. I have also installed the Citrix patch for this issue as will. In addition I removed the rollup all together and still have the problem.

The problem I am having is sometimes users log into a metaframe session and all they see is a blank desktop with no icons. This seems to happen saratically and has no ryme or reason. They might work all day in and out of citrix with no problems. Other times this happens right away at there first login for the day.  This is not user specific.

Once I restart the server there back in business. This is a brand new install of Citrix XP on a brand new server with 2 gigs of ram and dual xeon processors, 200 gig + Raid 5.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Answer : Problem: Issue with Citrix XP on windows Service pack 4 - Users get a blank desktop with no Icons.

PAQed with points (500) refunded

DarthMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us