Question : Problem: How can i create VPN objects in "Network Connections" via command line

Hi guys.

Im an IT consultant that works for firm that has about 25 clients.  All the clients use windows VPN (RRAS) for their vpn connections.  I looked around but couldnt find any way to create that vpn object via the command line (to populate objects in "Network Connections" in windows xp pro.

I'd like to create a batch file that i can send clients that auto creates everything needed so all they need to do is double click on the created vpn object (hopefully there is a way to tell it to make a short cut on the desktop.  an option that is included when you run the new connection wizard) and off they go.  The way we do it now is send them a screen shot filled instructions, but some people dont like that.

Not sure if this can be done at a regular command line.  (rasdial.exe doesnt actually create the object).  Maybe i should be looking for a .vbs script?

Oh, and another thing, i need to turn off "use default gateway on remote network".  That option is under the tcpip settings of the VPN object.

THANKS!

Answer : Problem: How can i create VPN objects in "Network Connections" via command line

You can also use a CMAK create connection

You can create a fully customized VPN connection (even the connection picture) with cmak.
As a result you get a .exe which can be easily installed silent on the client computers!

Look here is a very nice step by step guide!!
http://www.isaserver.org/img/upl/vpnkitbeta2/cmak.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us