Question : Problem: Can i use Linksys wireless adapter WUSB54GS with Mac PowerBook G3 Lombrad

Hi!!! I was wondering if there's a way to use Linksys WUSB54GS wireless adapter with Mac PowerBook Lombard G3 400 Mhz? I have two USB ports in the back of the laptop. Are there drivers, or something like in Linux, we have things like ndiswrapper that we can run windows drivers with?
Thanks a lot for any input!!!
-=G=-

Answer : Problem: Can i use Linksys wireless adapter WUSB54GS with Mac PowerBook G3 Lombrad

Do you plan on sharing large files over a LAN frequently? If not, there is little or no advantage to a g card over a b card. A b card is already faster than a broadband cable connection, so installing a g card will do nothing for your internet speed.

Also, I would not spend much money on your Powerbook. OS 9 has reached the end of its tether. It is no longer supported, no one is making new software for it and old software is not being updated. As the web becomes more sophisticated, out-dated OS 9 browsers will become less and less capable of rendering complex pages. This is already happening. In another year or so web browsing with OS 9 will become impractical.

I would suggest you watch for sales, or check e-Bay for people selling off G4 powerbooks or iBooks who are trading up to the new Intel Macs, or take the plunge and get a new Intel Mac, or look for a store selling off the last of the G4's (I saw some very good prices a few weeks ago.)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us