Question : Problem: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and ATT

I am a BlackBerry newbie so please bear with me.  I just got a BlackBerry 8800 through ATT.  I also have an Exchange e-mail server.  After a little frustration, I was able to determine I needed to set up the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express with my Exchange server.  Everything works great.  I am the only person nin my company needing a BlackBerry license, and I understand that was free (from RIM).  My issue is this:  when I set-up my new account with ATT, one of the options for data service was the BBRYUNL (BlackBerry Unlimited Plan).  This data option is an additional $44/month (above and beyond my voice plan).  Not knowing what I was doing, I chose this option, as it said that I could use my corporate e-mail with it.  So if I intend to use my BlackBerry with my Exchange server, do I need this data plan, or does the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express I set up replace the need for this data service option.  It seems a little pricey and I just do not understand if it is necessary.  If a data plan is required, is there a less expensive option?

Answer : Problem: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and ATT

You still need a data plan. The bulk of the cost for the ISP is to the connection from the device to the servers at RIM. Then the server at RIM communicates with your server.
You should also ensure that the service provider has enabled Enterprise options on your device. There are usually three settings the service provider can set - consumer (aka BIS) which connects you to email servers at the service provider with a separate email address, Enterprise which connects you to a BES only and a hybrid which gives you both.

Simon.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us