Question : Problem: Some files on my gigabank USB drive return the message "the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable"

I have a GigaBank 4GB USB drive that has several directories on it.  One of the directories can not be deleted nor copied.  All the subdirectories return the error  not accessible "the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable".  I want to either delete this directory or reformat the whole drive and get rid of everything.  Any Suggestions on how to do this?

Answer : Problem: Some files on my gigabank USB drive return the message "the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable"

If the directory is handled by any prosesses of the OS, you won't be able to delete the directory until the handles is closed. You can try restart the computer and try delete it without open it or listing the contents from it.

If that doesn't work, it looks like the filetable of the drive could be damaged.
There could be a solution to use windows scandisk to check the drive and repair the filetable.

If that won't work, it is a easy solution to copy the data you want from that Gigabank to another drive, then format the Gigabank and copy data back to it. This way is ofcource the safest one to be sure the filetable is rewritten. The it should be safe to use again.

Hope this will give it a push forward to solve the problem... :)

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us