Question : Problem: How to connect CAT6 cable 4-Pairs  to RJ-45 Jack Module (Faceplates)

Hi friends !

I am designing and preparing four new computer laboratories. Previously, when I was not an employee of the institute, the institute had hired one company to establish the network.

You see, they used Surface Raceways with Snap-On Faceplates. They used long blue cables which seem to be factory made quality cables. One end of those cables is connected to the switch and other end is connected to Faceplates from inside.

Now when I removed one of the Faceplates to see the internal mechanism, I was surprised. It looked very artistic work. The 4 pairs of the cables are going inside RJ-45 Jack Module and I am not able to open that Jack Module. It seems impossible for someone to make this internal connection without using some specific tools.

Please tell me&

1. Do Snap-On Faceplates come with RJ-45 Jack Module ?

2. How to connect them and what tools will be required ? And what tools will be required for this ?

Previously, I asked the same in another post but I didnt get even a singe reply. It is important question and somehow hard for me to understand without proper explanation. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Hemant

Answer : Problem: How to connect CAT6 cable 4-Pairs  to RJ-45 Jack Module (Faceplates)

If you look at the jacks in this link, they all have a color coding you follow.  In general, you want to follow the standard marked "b" as in T568B
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id=54

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIA-568B

NOTE: BOTH ends need to be wired to 568B standards or you'll have problems.  If it was done properly, then the other end of the cables is wired to a patch panel which should also be wired to T568B - if it's wired to T568A standard (unlikely) then you'll need to wire to that standard on the connector ends.  If it just goes straight to an RJ45 connector, then you want the B standard.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us