Question : Problem: Blackberry Curve Stil Showing Old Email

I have a Blackberry Curve and out of no-where, it started not deleting old emails, even though I have deleted them on the server.  It used to work that when I would delete my email on my online Yahoo account, or via Outlook, the Blackberry would remove them from being displayed.  Now, I have over 1,200 emails in my inbox on the Blackberry even though I don't have more than 100 on my actual inboxes.  

Any ideas to settings that I can change, or why this would suddenly start happening?

Thanks for any help!

Answer : Problem: Blackberry Curve Stil Showing Old Email

First thing I would do is delete the service book on the bb device.  On the bb go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.  Then delete all service entries, you won't be able to delete them all and you will have to delete them one by one.  Once that is done, go log on the BIS site for your account and resend the service book back to the bb device.  Wait 20 minutes and test.  If you did not upgrade the bb device before this problem happened or you did not make any changes to the settings then it very likely the service book on the bb device has become corrupted.  But of course you would only know the answer to that question.

If no joy with the service book, go to Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation and make sure that the email reconciliation option is set to "On".  Also make sure the Delete On is set to Mailbox and Handheld.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us