Question : Problem: Dual-Homed (Multihomed) - Two NICs to two different ISPs, both NICs have internal IP addresses and different DNS servers.  RRAS installed.

I have a dual homed Windows 2000 Server which serves as a central Loan server that over 200 people access simultaneously.  The server has two NIC cards with internal IP addresses going to two different ISPs.  Users can connect in on either line and up until about a week ago, it's been working fine for months.  Users are now getting disconnected intermittently.  I had the client software connected and running on their server with no problems yet a user in that same office complains of getting kicked off.  i want to make sure that this dual-homed configuration is not the problem.  Does anyone know how of any tools that will help me troubleshoot this problem?

Answer : Problem: Dual-Homed (Multihomed) - Two NICs to two different ISPs, both NICs have internal IP addresses and different DNS servers.  RRAS installed.

http://www.wireshark.org/

Wireshark will capture the traffic from the interfaces. You wont want to run it for an extended period of time but if you can run it while the diconnect occurs you will be able to view what is going on at a packet level.

Cheers

Steve
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us